Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Moon Cake N Recycling Pink

This is what I wore to work today, simply because I really really really wanted to wear these pink Yongki Komaladi heels, but didn't want to wear a skirt with them. Last night I was busy editing more than 1000 snapshots I took during my Holyland vacation, so I was too distracted, then too sleepy to pick anything else. So, if you think this looks familiar, you're absolutely right! I wore the top and vest in this post for casual Sunday. In my defense, I could say that it's just my way of showing that you can multipurpose your clothes for work AND play, too! Haha!



Striped top: Bebe. Dusty pink vest with lace: Mom's, from Japan (though the label said 'made in Korea' LOL). Black slacks: LOFT (USA). Pink sandals: Yongki Komaladi. Yellow bag: dELIAs (USA). Earrings: from Bali. Bracelet: from Jerusalem.

Mooncake Festival is here! It is also called The Mid-Autumn Festival, which is celebrated every 15th day of the 8th lunar month of Chinese calendar. This annual occasion marks the end of the harvesting season and closes a year's hard work. Families gather and rejoice over bountiful harvest and feasts are prepared in anticipation of even better harvest in the upcoming year. Mooncake is the traditional food served during the feast. According to folklore, during Mooncake Festival, when the moon is in its fullest and brightest, you can see the willowy shadow of Chang-Er, the Goddess of The Moon.
Aaaaaaaand.... my boss received these delicious JW Marriott mooncakes in a lovely pink box, and his secretary gave it to me! Yayyy!!! The box is so pretty, I don't have the heart to throw it away, so I decide to take it home with me to be used as a decorative container. Noooo, I'm not hoarding! I'm recycling! ^__^





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...