Saturday, March 3, 2012

Buttony Blue Technicolor

Guess, what do you think the background is?
Today is a super busy but productive day. I went furniture shopping for a future new residence - yes, I'm moving to a new place - and got the whole sets for living room, bedroom, and dining room in just under three hours, including eating my lunch, browsing around various furniture stores, picking out models and color themes, and hassling over the prices. I never buy anything without bargaining if possible, and if I canot get a lower price, usually I would ask for something extra. This time I got a dresser drawer table for free! They wanted to give me a chair at first, but I politely refused and ask the nice sales lady if she could offer me something better, and lo and behold, she took me for a tour around the store and we ended up agreeing on the dresser drawer.
I think it's a win-win solution for both the store owner and me, because, hey, what buyer doesn't love a great deal, and what seller doesn't love a buyer who just walks in, already knows what she wants, picks and pays right away? Haha!


Some time ago, I won a giveaway from Bisola and Dammie Gee, two ladies behind this super creative, ultra colorful blog, Fifth & Sixth's Closet. I haven't seen any USPS package box since I flew home from the US, so I was very excited when received it!
Lookie lookie here! I got this lovely, unique and colorful bib necklace made of buttons! Thank you, Bisola and Damie! I truly like it! I think it's handmade. Is it handmade? I think so. If you visit Bisola and Damie's blog, you'd definitely see that these ladies have an amazing sense of colors. Their color combinations are bold and unexpected, yet fabulous. I mean, look at this necklace they sent me!
This is how I styled it for today's outfit...
Closer look...
And since I'm going to Church, I threw on this blue cropped top to layer the whole outift. I aimed for monochromatic look, since there are so much going on with the necklace, shoes, and purse. No bracelets today!
This cropped top is quilted and can be worn with so many different outfits. I have similar cropped top in various colors, they are very versatile.
And I'm still in love with these Ana Eslie platform wedges I got as Chinese New Year's gift.
Aaaaaand this is the background of the first picture! I went to dinner at Plaza Indonesia after furniture shopping and Church.

Dress: Arizona. Shoes: Ana Eslie (gift). Cropped top: unbranded. Purse: Sogo. Scarf tied on the bag: thrifted, from Miami. Earrrings: Accesorize, Singapore. Necklace: gift.


Aaaaand, I was featured again in 365 Challenge & Link Party at Allison's Two Thirty-Five Designs blog. This time it was my plaid shirt ala cowgirl post. Thank you, Allison! Your email was a perfect end for a Friday! Please check Allison's post here, and don't forget to join her link party! And if you'd like to check how I incorporated the casual plaid shirt into office wardrobe, read the original post here.

Happy Sunday, All!

Linking up to:
Whatever Goes Wednesday
LaThrifta's Cheap Finds and Transformations
Fashion Friday

45 comments:

S said...

Hey Lee Anne, you are looking very nice! The neck piece is so unique and your dress isis lovely - great Color combination - I would say.

Squared said...

these necklaces are cool and I love all the colors here.
My picture is the american flan shoes, and the name Angela Maria Banliza

Northern Style Exposure said...

The necklace is amazing

www.northernstyle.blog.com

Disturbed Style said...

Great outfit :) I love it :)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Good luck with the move. Furniture shopping is super fun. Love your necklace.

April said...

Wow! I can't believe that necklace is made from buttons!! So colorful!

Tabah said...

wahhh beautiful. . . .

g*rated said...

this outfit just screams spring! i love it. thanks for linking up. :)
-marie

carli@tinysavages.com said...

Gorgeous necklace x

my thrifty closet said...

very cute and pretty button necklace. Love it with your dress, the color of is so flattering. Nice outfit!

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

ftashion said...

What a pretty dress! The whole outfit is so spring ready. The button necklace is absolute cuteness!

Fang Ting
ftashion

mispapelicos said...

Brilliant necklace, and not difficult to make. Love your blog so very much.
Following and adding you to my blogroll.
I do hope we become blogger friends, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

Tamera Beardsley said...

Fabulous necklace and you styled it perfectly, so enjoy your posts!

My Lovely Sister said...

so beautiful^^

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Great shopping trip! You look lovely as always, and thanks for linking up to Visible Monday.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

You look very pretty in blue. The necklace is so cool.

Because Shanna Said So said...

OMG! I want this necklace!! I wonder where they got it or if someone made it. Cutest thing ever!!

Ivana said...

Wow, I so admire your hassling abilities! I was never able to do that. Anyhow, I´m obsessed with your outfit, and that necklace is a real stunner! Perfection :)

Happy Monday!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

KRISTY said...

This is such a fabulous color-blocking look! The color combination has the potential to look juvenile, but you made this look very sophisticated! :) That bib necklace is so divine and a perfect accessory for Spring/Summer!! :D

www.monochromachic.com

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Those shoes are just awesome! Love them! The button necklace is fun. So awesome! Like the bag as well.

Fitness By Alicia said...

Such a cute look. Love that necklace. It is so unique.

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

love the necklace and wedges!

Stesha said...

fabulous necklace!!! just love it!

xo

Unknown said...

I absolutely loved how you styled the necklace it looks amazing on you, thanks for styling it fabulously..

Fonda @Savvy Southern Chic said...

Love the necklace and the shoes! Perfect with the dress!

Natalie Koltunovskaya said...

I like the color combination!

Nicole Feliciano said...

Fun Monday Mingle post--love the necklace. This week I'm taking on a fashion assignment for Norma Kamali--one top styled 6 ways! http://www.momtrends.com/2012/03/kamali-kulture/

the domestic fringe said...

I love your bright blue dress with the bag! So adorable. The necklace is lovely too. Very creative.

~FringeGirl

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

That necklace is amazing!! I love the mix of colors & patterns. :)

stopping by from What I Love Wednesday!

Jan Hermann said...

Hi...

Sounds as though you had quite the furniture shopping experience. Since I am an Interior Designer and experienced Furniture Sales Person, I can tell you I loved customers like you!!! Glad you got all you wanted so quickly!

Love that Bib Necklace you won - very colorful - just like you! :)

Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a Blog button comment. Here is a GREAT tutorial on making your own Blog Button:

http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-make-blog-button-with-grab-box.html

It's easy - very good directions!

Jan

The Robbins & Co said...

oh my gosh i NEED a necklace like that! i'm gonna try to make one :) i love how you wore it against the blue dress...really makes the colors pop!

Unknown said...

Cute look, love the necklace!!

Priiincesss
http://www.ltf.styleofalifetime.com/

Gaylee said...

I adore how you carried the whole outfit. Am battling to get my old shape back, or at least trim down a little so i could also wear something like that, hihi!

Makaila said...

I'm in Love! The necklace is amazing and I LOVE how you paired it with a solid and then amazing shoes. You ALWAYS look FAB.

Catherine Au Jong said...

LOVE!!

love,
catherine
www.etinology.com

Denise said...

I really love this outfit. That necklace is amazing!! Thanks for sharing.
Hopped over from The Pleated Poppy link up.

Denise

jenn~the stylish housewife said...

what a fun necklace!!! but i LOVE those shoes!!!

xoxo, jenn
the stylish housewife

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

the necklace is sooooo fun! so colorful - it looks like you would be able to wear it with just about anything!

Miss Kitty said...

Great outfit with that statement necklace! I saw your post over at the link party at Two Thirty Five Design. I am going now to check out the folks that sent you the necklace.

Unknown said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking up!

joyan said...

hi.. I like the ornament behind you.. They are so colourful.. What are they made from?

Alissa said...

That necklace is PERFECT! Absolutely love it!

g*rated said...

just letting you know we will be featuring this outfit tomorrow if you want to stop by and grab a button. :) http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/p/grab-button.html
-marie

Chatty Chics said...

Very cute! The necklace is fabulous! What a statement piece!
Melody
ChattyChics.com

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!!!!!! just ship it to me :) its sophie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...