Friday, July 13, 2012

A Breath of Fresh Mint, Warm Loaves N Hot Rolls

Hapiness is...

Going inside a bakery and inhaling that delicious newly fresh-from-the-oven baked-goods aroma. I always say that bread and cakes are not just feast to the stomach but also feast to the eye as well as for the nose. With or without icing, a cake can always put a smile on a girl's face.

An another thing. Surrounded with so much delicious food always give me such a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. It's a feeling of abundance. It's like God's way of saying: "You are fine. I'm taking a good care of you. Look at all the bounty I've provided you through your fellow human. Just keep doing the work you have been doing, and I will take care of the rest. You are not in need of anything."

Sometimes I think it's silly. Sometimes, I think it's not.

I went to Bread Talk today and got a loaf of coffee bun for afternoon snack in the office, a cup of tiramisu for my husband, and two pieces of tuna croissants for our breakfast tomorrow. I don't cook, but no one can accuse me for not taking a good care of my husband, haha!

Do you think it's a pathetic thing or a great thing that such simple pleasure can give one such joy?



Black dress: Papaya. Black tank: unbranded. Shoes: Yongki Komaladi. Mint cardi: Marks & Spencer. Nekclace: F21. Earrings & bracelets: old collection. Mint purse: Les Catino.

Linking up to:

13 comments:

welldressedmaker said...

I definitely take joy in life's simple pleasures! Love that cardigan against the black dress!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

UnA said...

love the color combo so much my dear!

Amazing necklace!


<3 Una

Mana said...

I love the mint and your bag is really cute! I also love the smell of fresh baked goods! I think it's a great thing to see pleasure in simple things! Personally, I think if one cannot then they're going to have a hard time with life =P

The bf and I often have arguments and disagreements on vacations a lot too. I think it's because of all the stress somethings so you're right, a relaxing honeymoon is probably a better idea, especially after all that wedding stress! I hope you get to go to Paris soon!

Christina said...

I adore your necklace! The color is great with your dress.

<3
Christina

Lisa said...

Hello,

I just found your blog on 'Visible Monday" and I like it very much. You have beautiful style and your posts are thoughtful. I am now following your blog!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

I agree - being surrounded by delicious breads is a great pleasure! Your outfit is lovely, as are you - love your necklace.

Kathleen said...

Taking pleasure in small things is one of the sweetest parts of life!

Anonymous said...

Both looks are very polished, but I think I like the dress with the sweater best. And, yes, bringing home goodies from the bakery counts as taking good care of your husband.

The Preppy Student said...

the mint cardigan is so cute. and that necklace looks amazing! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student . I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

love the mint!
Xo Megan

Jelli said...

Looks great! What a cheery combo for the office.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Simple pleasures - like fresh baked goodies or a great outfit - should definitely be enjoyed and never taken for granted.

Tanya said...

I think it is wonderful to take such joy in the the simplest of pleasures!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...