Monday, July 22, 2013

Mommy N Baby Friendly


I love accessories. Yet Baby Michael is much more precious than my accessories. So, when going out with him, I compromise. I only wear baby and mommy friendly accessories. What does it mean?

No sharp edges

Necklaces, bracelets, and earrings with sharp, pointed edges might cut or scratch the baby when I carry him. That means most accessories made of metal are out when I’m with Baby Michael. I don’t want him grabbing my pretty, colorful, metal flower and leaf shaped necklace, then his delicate little hand got hurt by the metal tips. Or he got smacked accidentally on the cheek by my metal earrings when I carry him!
When I’m with Baby Michael, I opt for rounded shape beads, fake pearls, or cloth and felt material for accessories. Or if I wear a necklace made from alloy metal, it would be something small and dainty, instead of big and chunky.  And definitely no spikes as the latest fashion rage!

No long, dangling earrings

This is more for Mommy’s safety. Babies are much stronger than one might think. Wear a pair of long sparkly earrings, and Baby Michael grabs those playfully and Mommy would cry like a maniac and might result in bleeding ears and crying, shocked baby! Wear something small and pretty that won’t attract too much intention of the little one. You can also wear cute studs.

No arm candy for now

As much as I love stacking bracelets around my wrist, I found out that they make my baby uncomfortable when I’m holding him. They hurt his back and his chest. Whenever I come home from work, usually I remove my bracelets before carrying him around. So, no arm candy for now when I’m with Baby Michael, at least until he’s older.

So, what do you think of my mommyform and the baby-mommy friendly look? I wore this for an outing with Baby Michael for a family Saturday brunch at the mall five-minute drive from my house. 




What do you think of Baby Michael's outfit? I don't buy him a lot of clothes, since he doesn't go out much and he grows so fast! I got him this one because I like what it's said on the T-shirt: Natural smile, comical, the world is our field, peaceful life!


Baby Michael on his stroller, looking to the right and left. So cute! He seldom goes out, and we went around 10 in the morning when the mall was just opened and not crowded just yet.



After about two hours, Baby Michael just wanted to go home! Look at his expression!


So we went home around noon after the brunch. We don't go out for too long when Baby Michael is with us. Home again, he smiled again! ^__^


Linking up to:
The Alabaster JarGrace Laced MondaysMaking your home sing MondaysHappy Wives ClubTheBetterMom.comBlog Button Final"/>Join us! Click the SpotlightThrifters AnonymousBeauty in His Grip Buttonapinchofjoy.comTell Me a Storystillbeingmolly DCinStyleSumo's Sweet StuffPhotobucket Real Girl Style Link UpSTYLELIXIR Style SessionsChristian Marriage Advicepleated poppy Adorned From Above 
http://www.thethriftyhome.comThis Silly Girl's LifeDeepRootsatHomeWise-Woman-Builds katherines cornerCatch a Glimpse Button
five days five ways | feature friday free for allFriday chaosWeekend Bloggy ReadingBeholding GlorySixSistersStuff.com Love and LaundryThe Life Of FaithWatchOutForTheWoestmans 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little man! He appears to have great fashion sense like his mama! ;p

Unknown said...

omg, your baby is adorable... love that little hat on his head!!

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Following from INspire Me Monday at Create With Joy.

What a cute little guy! You both look great!

Sheila at Longings End said...

Hello LeeAnne -- Congrats on becoming a mommy this year. Your post caught my eye because my niece is expecting her first child in December {also a boy, we found out this week} and she has a baby/fashion blog too.
DiapersandDressforms.blogspot.com

I am going to share your link with her. Maybe you two will connect in the blogosphere sometime. :)

God bless you. AND your baby is so ADORABLE. Love him in that hat!!
~sheila

Lauren @ Style Elixir said...

Great outfit! And cutest little guy. :)

Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

Lauren xx
www.stylelixir.com

momstheword said...

Oh I love his hat! So cute and he looks adorable in it!

I try to be careful of what I wear when I work in the church nursery. I am mindful of little hands pulling on my earrings or jewelry, lol!

Thanks for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party! :)

Mummy's Got Style said...

You little son is adorable and you look fab! Love the tips although I break the rules and have a baby constantly tugging at my statement necklaces! I would love you to link up to my new style linky Fashion Friday if you liked http://mummysgotstyle.com/fashion-friday-launches/

Melaina25 said...

Such a cutie!

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a great outfit - comfortable, but very put together! And your baby is just darling!

Penniless Socialite said...

Love the color of your flats! Thanks for linking up for Favorite Fashion Friday. Hope to see you back tomorrow!
Tara
Penniless Socialite

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...