Monday, February 17, 2014

A Simple Gal's Journal: Random Things About Me


Just some random things...
 
These pictures were taken when I was twenty weeks pregnant. Which, explains the weird, super high waist position of my checked wrap skirt.
 
I'm writing this while listening to Whitney Houston's "The Greatest Love of All". I think the late Whitney had an uncomparable powerful voice, that has the ability to touch so many hearts. It's just so heartbreaking how she ended up because of drugs and personal problems, so she could not use up her God given gift anymore.
 
Yesterday I paid for a three-month membership at the local gym. I paid for three months for two reasons. One, it's pay 3 get 1 month free promotion. Two, knowing that I have paid so much, there's no way I will not take advantage of it. It's my little trick to push myself to exercise!
 

If you are 100% sure that you have done your best, yet there are still people who still moan, whine, complain, nag or scold you, just keep doing your best, and pity those particular people for being THAT unhappy.

My favorite Bible verse is Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides."

I cannot use mascara or eyeliner. Even the waterproof version smears on my eyes, even when applied with top drawer primer and by professional make up artist. It's a pity, since both cosmetics can do wonders to one's look. Yet most of the time I feel fortunate because I don't need to deal with those two products at all!


I love my job, and I don't plan to quit work anytime soon. But my family and home are in higher priority. When there's a threat they will switch place in my priority list, I will stop working on the dot. For that matter, I'm lucky that I'm not the family breadwiner. I know some women simply have no choice, no matter what people say.

I try to not being judgemental, but it's just human nature to have opinions about everything. There's nothing wrong with that.

I always, always, love two story house. I love working in a tall building. I think the view from above is just fantastic. Everything looks much more beautiful when you're higher up.


My favorite color was blue. I disliked the color pink. I trained myself to be more feminine after many years of struggling, then I fell in love with the color pink. Odd? I still found myself surprised.

I'm a dog person, not a cat person. Some might judge me for this, but I have no love for cats except for Hello Kitty. Haha! And yes, I still wear Hello Kitty, in a subtle way of course, eventhough I'm a mother now. In my personal opinion, no one is too old to add some cuteness into their daily lives. In moderation of course, because an overdoze of cuteness can be dizzying.

I have lived in two countries: Indonesia and the US. It's nothing compared to some people's experience who have lived in 5 or more countries, but I feel so priviledged to be given that opportunity. If there are two countries that I would be interested to try living for a year, that would be: Japan (in Tokyo) and France (Paris). What about New York? THAT, I don't mind living for the rest of my life, if I were single. Now, I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe yes, maybe no. *laughter*


 


6 comments:

Emmy said...

I love how you mixed the pattern in the top and the pattern in the skirt! It looks lovely. ;)

Unknown said...

20 weeks pregnant..you still look SO tiny...me at 20 weeks..BIG OLD TUMMY! Ha.
Looking lovely
C

Kim-Marie from Kimba Likes said...

That is a teeny tiny tummy. I had people asking when I was due when I was 20 weeks pregnant and thinking it was any day!

I do like the pattern on pattern!

Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Fun blog...you are so cute! I am your latest follower! Thanks for sharing your fun style on our Thursday blog hop!! Blessings!

Jacqueline@ Deeprootsathome.com said...

You can pull off the mixing of different patterns and a window pane check. It looks efortless on you! AND you simply glow with this new little life taking shape in you. God bless you and your family, LeAnne!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Mixing the plaid skirt and the floral top looks great -- nice choices. And I love the earrings! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...