Monday, May 11, 2015

Lemony N Flowery Cheerful Spring





Hello, lovely Friends!

As I'm writing this post (I wrote this post two weeks ago, actually), I'm still recovering from my surgery. However, I am determined to make this period as joyful, peaceful, productive and therapeutic as possible. All over the world, spring is coming, and I can either choose to have flowers and spring breeze in my heart, or cold, dark, and thorny mood. Life goes on, irregardless of how good or bad your life (or your mood) is, so why don't just to make it as positive as possible? God is there, and He is watching. Better give Him a good, happy movie of our life instead of a depressing one. 

Some random notes. 

My brother who lives in Seattle posted pictures of beautiful flowers from cherry blossom and tulip festival from the month of April. I really hope I can visit him someday during the beautiful flowery month. 

I just  found out that an aunt who lives alone just recovered from a strange illness which made her feel like "I just want to die", which shocked me since she is a strong, Godfearing, tough lady who usually doesn't complain. The last time I saw her was in February and she still looked okay. I plan to call her up tonite and ask how she's doing.

How beautiful these roses and lillies do you think? A mother and daughter friends sent them over with a get well soon card, which is very sweet and considerate of them! Ms. Rosa is a widow, a stylish grandmother, a Church volunteer, and a successful entrepreneur who runs her family business with her lovely daughter, Thia. Her husband died many years ago, I think, and I admire her strength, courage, kindness, faith and success. It takes a lot to be a single parent. It takes a lot to be a successful businesswoman. She managed both with grace, style, and despite everything, both mother and daughter can still find time to volunteer. They are amazing and I'm so thankful that they even remember that I just had a surgery with their super busy schedule.



The lemon yellow top I wore here was a thrift find. When I stumbled upon it, I loved the color but thought the top was too short. Being a believer of modest dressing, I don't intend to show off my belly, but the top looked so nice I decided to get it and find some ways to style it. Glad I did! This top has been worn many times with high waisted skirts or with longer tank top underneath. Sometimes, seemingly unfortunate event, occurance, or even top, could turned out to be an opportunity to better ourselves. Surgery included. *tongue in cheek
Flower Print Long Skirt With Side Vent • ChicNova • $19.65 Textured Floral Flounce Skirt • Ann Taylor • $79.99 Heavy Petal Skirt • Nasty Gal • $82.60 Fragrance of Flowers Ivory and Red Floral Print Midi Skirt • LuLu*s • $48 Pleat in Paradise Black Floral Print Midi Skirt • rsvp • $84 Cold Shoulder Top Yellow • Missguided • $36 Ana Accessories Inc At the Last Minute Necklace in Mint • $29.99 Mint and Brown Suede Teardrop Necklace • Cost Plus World Market • $14.99 Kate Spade New York 'lucca Drive - Small Candace' Leather Satchel • Kate Spade • $358 Kate Spade New York 'cedar Street - Maise' Satchel • Kate Spade • $298









I'm linking up to these wonderful Ladies:

Monday


Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

4 comments:

Mom to 3 said...

The flowers are beautiful, and it is so nice to get flowers and know that someone is thinking of you. I hope that your recory from surgery goes quickly and smoothly.

cherie at stylenudge.com said...

Love your spring floral skirt, I'm loving floral anything. And, your metallic shoes are the perfect pairing for it. Thank you for linking up with SHOE AND TELL on Style Nudge!

Cherie
http://www.stylenudge.com

JES said...

Very cheerful and springy indeed :) Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

very pretty. I like the color yellow but I find a brighter hue looks better on me. I think the flowery skirt is very pretty as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...